Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 23 November 2009

A major heart stopping mezze moment.

Around my house there are some quiet side streets, a wonderful Sikh temple and an inter- religion seminary. I love to take Tara for a walks in the afternoons when the chanting starts at the temple and we walk around soaking in the sun, the peacocks jumping around and the kids playing.
My large slightly arthritic dog is very obedient and slow. The other day my mother -in- law and I set out on such an afternoon walk except that somewhere along the way Tara encountered a rather large burly Sikh on a motorbike who either dazzled by her beauty or a bit of a novice on his bike, ran into her, swerved and then fell off his bike. Our heart was in our mouth as she hit the bike, but much to our surprise and absolute relief she walked away a little dazed while the big Sikh was hauling himself and his bike off the ground. He mercifully decided not to sue us or send Guru Nanak’s worse curse on us and having dusted himself down went on his way. 

Oh my what a moment. Here is the one who singlehandedly unseated the whopping man.

3 comments:

  1. No one sues anyone in India! Our esteemed judicial system is much more arthritic than a 200 year old woman's joints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehehehe- always live in hope of fabulous reform MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clover,
    Finally went through your blog again. It's been a while, and I see you have faithfully recorded interesting articles with beautiful pictures. Keep up the good work! It's a pleasure to read. Take Care. Kildare (That's me, I forget what Anne and Ruth were...).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)